Friday, July 24, 2009

We'll have a perfect cake... and we'll eat it too!

So, until yesterday I haven't cared much about my wedding cake at all yet. The way I see it, they all pretty much look the same: layered, white-ish, flowers, maybe an icing monogram, maybe a last initial on the top... etc. HOWEVER, I was looking through the most recent (Fall 2009) issue of D Weddings (it's a local DFW magazine) and I found the most perfect cake!!!!!!! I am in love with it. Mine won't look identical to the one pictured on page 147, but hopefully it will be something similar! For those of you who don't have your issue of D Weddings handy, the picture of the cake is below, but it's kind of small... sorry!

The cake is from Romano's Bakery in Dallas. The bows are made of fondant icing and each one has a crystal broach in the center. I am picturing this cake in a very light lavender with the bows just a few shades darker. The bows and broaches will remain the same... and we will have crystal monogram letters "e C b" on top (also pictured below).

This decision isn't set in stone, but it certainly has my vote so far. My mom and I are meeting with the people at Romano's Bakery this coming Tuesday, July 28th to look at all of their designs, talk about pricing, and taste test their cake flavors! I will keep you posted as to how the meeting goes!



THE cake:



The Crystal Monogram Cake Topper:

0 comments: