Monday, July 13, 2009

"Love's like a runway..."

I am excited to say that my bridal shoes were purchased this morning! I have always dreamed of looking like a bride out of Vogue... very couture and almost slightly avant-garde. The latter will be achieved by wear of my royal purple Manolo Blahnik Hangisi pumps on my wedding day! It is certainly not customary to wear colored shoes as a bride, but I think they are very "me"... and they're my favorite color! I found these shoes and didn't even piece together that they were the same design as Carrie's bridal shoes in the Sex and the City Movie, only hers were midnight blue. Manolo Blahnik designed those custom for the movie, and then recreated the shoe in a few colors and made them available for sale shortly after the movie was released. I had never seen the shoes in purple before, and I'm completely in love with them. It's such a regal and vintage look, but modern all at the same time. I can't wait until they arrive! What better a feeling than walking down the aisle in Manolo's? Well, getting married to the love of my life, of course! ...But I'm sure it will be a close second ;)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brianna,
I LOVE these shoes. Where did you find them?? If you got them online, what's the website?? I appriciate your comment back. thanks and Happy Wedding Planning!