Sunday, July 12, 2009

I survived the Dallas Bridal Show... barely!

Yesterday afternoon I decided to head to the Dallas Bridal Show to see my mom since she was working a section for her employer, The Piazza in the Village. I had no idea how completely chaotic those bridal shows are! They give you a pink "Bride to Be" button when you enter... which I refused to wear, as if I wasn't already being attacked by a million people with pastel fliers and rattling off sales pitches as I speed-walked past them! I did walk around for a little while looking for a booth with table linen swatches but to no avail. I managed to find the Dillard's section (which looked really nice, thankfully!)... but I ended up just staying with my mom in her section for the majority of the time to avoid the utter chaos. I met a videographer who seemed to have popped one too many Xanax, a super strange photographer at the booth next to my mom, and a very cool DJ who I may actually end up using. I also met a lady from Elite Bride who chatted with me for a while about potentially featuring my wedding in the magazine and putting me on the cover! That was a very exciting conversation and I am definitely going to remain in contact with her... that would be such a fun piece of wedding memorabilia! I will let you know when I learn more!

0 comments: