Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Detail Oriented

So, when planning a wedding every bride has their "thing" that they are incredibly excited or particular about. My "thing" (or should I say, "things") is flowers and table linens. I know that sounds strange, but they can really transform everything from great to really grand. I have decided that I want my bouquet to be solid white, with a mixture of Peony's and Roses, and the bridesmaids bouquets would be mostly yellow with some purple. I know that I want the table centerpieces to be very structured, round, tall, and really grand. ("Spray" type floral arrangements remind me of a funeral). Since I'm not particular about the kind of flowers being used other than for my own bouquet, I basically plan on using the florist who can give me the best deal. I want LOTS of flowers and I want the centerpieces and my bouquet to be BIG... so a good deal will be very necessary.


Does anyone know a florist who will give me a good deal?

ALSO, my mom is the sales manager at The Piazza in the Village (a very prestigious wedding venue), so if a florist partnered with us and gave a really good deal, my mom would definitely be referring each of her clients to our florist... a win win situation for everyone! :)

These are pictures similar to what I have in mind...

1. My bouquet... all white with peony/rose combination:

















2. Bridesmaids Bouquets (size and shape of the first photo, but with purple like the second photo):


















3. Centerpieces (obviously not these colors... they would be like the bridesmaid bouquets... mostly yellow with some purple):



























...More ideas to come!!

I also don't know who to use for table linens because I have scoured the metroplex and nobody seems to have the royal purple damask or scroll pattern I want! If you know where I can find these kind of table linens, let me know! :)
Oh how I looooove wedding planning... especially all the little details!!

0 comments: