Sunday, July 12, 2009

No need to stress... I found The Dress!!!

After barely surviving the Dallas Bridal Show, my mom and I decided to visit the Priscilla of Boston boutique since we were already out in Dallas, which was a rare opportunity because neither of us enjoy driving out there! I called around 4:45pm and set a last minute appointment for 5:30pm. We arrived about 10 minutes late (fashionably, of course) and walked into the beautiful bridal salon. An adorable red head greeted us and said she would be my consultant. We filled out paperwork and talked to her about my taste and "vision". I warned her that I am very decisive and particular, so I will probably be very blunt about the gowns I do and do not like-- which she said would actually be very beneficial. We walked to each collection's section beginning with "Platinum". I chose about 6 dressed I loved from this collection, which is very exquisite and embellished. We then moved to the classic "Priscilla of Boston" collection, but there was nothing that really stood out to me. We continued to a few other sections and selected a few other gowns, totalling around 10 dresses to try on. The first dress was pretty but nothing special. When I started putting on the second dress, my mom said, "Oh I think I'm going to love this one!" I liked it on the hanger, but when I put it on... well, I fell in love with it! I went and stood on the alteration pedestal to look at it from every angle in the mirrors. I loved everything about it... and I had a huge cheesy grin the whole time I had it on. I went back to my dressing room and continued trying on several other dresses, all of which were beautiful... but none compared to the dress I fell in love with. My mom and I narrowed our selection down to two. I tried them both on again, asking my mom over and over what her opinion was of each (she has excellent taste). She liked them both, but she told me I had a different kind of glow and happiness when I put on the initial gown that I loved. She told me, "It just looks like you... it makes a statement." I then tried on a feather hairpiece and a veil with the gown, and tried pulling back my hair to get the full effect. It was utter perfection. I knew the look I was trying to go for and this nailed it head-on. I wanted high fashion, slightly vintage, sophisticated, different, somewhat traditional, a dropped-waist, strapless neckline, ivory fabric, and lots of bling. That's quite a few specifics to find all in one dress... but this one had it all! I know it seems early to have made this decision, but I just know this dress was meant for me.


It's perfect.

0 comments: