Tuesday, June 8, 2010

"I love luxury." -Coco Chanel

Fabulous news!!

My incredible planner, Kristen Knight of Shenanigans Weddings & Events, set up a meeting for me to meet with Lesleigh Smith of Lux Event Design to see what she what she had to offer for table linens and other decor ideas for the wedding. To my supreme amazement, she laid out probably more than 15 different fabric swatches for table linens and chair covers in the purple palette which matches our wedding colors. I was immediately drawn to this beautiful eggplant colored brocade fabric with lavender scrolling throughout. It's the most perfect linen design... literally, if I could have designed something in my head that would be the most ideal choice for our wedding reception table linens, this would be it. Additionally, she had perfectly matching eggplant lamour chair covers and lavender chair ties. We proceeded to decide on a design for the cake tables, cocktail tables, guest book table, etc... which we concluded would have a floor length lavender lamour table cloth with amethyst crinkle taffeta draped around the edges.
After deciding on the most perfect table linens I could possibly ask for, Lesleigh started talking to me about the candy buffet that I have planned for the wedding. I had initially planned on ordering everything and setting up the candy buffet by myself to save money. However, after Lesleigh started talking to me about her services and what she can offer, I realized that the cost of having Lesleigh's company do the candy buffet versus me doing everything myself was almost the same!! The best part is that I don't have to worry about expedited shipping so the candy won't melt, ending up with tons of glass apothecary jars after the wedding that I will never use, stressing out about making it to the venue early enough to get it set up properly on the day of the wedding, and so much more!
Needless to say, I said "YES" to Lesleigh and Lux Event Design on the spot!! It will be SO nice to know that several professionals with a knack for design will be setting up all of my table linens and the candy buffet so I won't have to spend HOURS on my wedding day completing these time consuming details!!
My advice to anyone planning their wedding...


Hire Kristen Knight from Shenanigans Weddings & Events to save your sanity...

and let Lesleigh from Lux Event Design help make your reception beautiful!!

0 comments: